Jesus & Anger
Reminder 1: Jesus has _____________ to say what He is about to say.
Reminder 2: Because of this, Jesus can go right for the ___________.
*Actions don’t emerge from ____________. Actions __________ what is in the heart.
- Jesus’ teaching about anger has an affect on our view of ________________. v21-22
*All these actions have __________________.
2. Jesus’ teaching about anger has an affect on our view of ______________. v23-24
*You cannot worship God with ______________ while knowing about an angry situation and doing ___________ about it.
3. Jesus’ teaching about anger has an affect on our view on ___________________. v25-26
“A lean settlement is better than a fat law-suit. Make _________ with the utmost promptitude.”
-Charles H. Spurgeon
A. We are only responsible for what others hold against us when it is because of actions that ______________.
- B. We are responsible to pursue reconciliation, but sometimes we have to live with the _______ if we have done our part and it doesn’t __________.
Important questions to ask:
- Am I responsible for any anger or hostility someone has against me? Am I holding anger or hostility toward someone?
- Am I responsible for any grudges or bitterness someone has against me? Am I holding a grudge or bitterness toward someone?
- Am I willing to do the hard thing and try and make it right?